Hearing Loss Update

Cait is now 13 months old and is doing very well with her hearing aids. She is still going in for 3 month evaluations and hearing loss is holding steady at mild/moderate range. Cutting her molars made wearing the hearing aids a bit challenging and there were many fights between her & I over it but we have compromised. I ordered her a few organic cotton pilot caps from Hannah Andersson and she loves them. She now asks to wear her hearing aids and loves to listen to things.

She has weekly therapy with a teacher from the Clarke School. Caitlyn loves her teacher and we get a good session in every week. We have learned that my little girl is very determined to do as she please. Now that she is walking around and getting into things she hears the word no quite often and danger but of course like any normal kid she does ignore me!

We started making a list of the words that she understands and it is over 30 words, I am so very proud of her. She can probaly say 10 words too.

Now if only I could get her to nap and stop throwing food this house would be a whole lot less stressful!

We are making appointments for her to have a CT Scan done at CHOP and possibly the genetic testing. I doubt they will find anything on either test but I think we should do it just to be on the safe side.

1 comments:

Wilson Wife said...

I'm so glad she is doing so well!

Keep it up, Cait!