11 Months Old

Happy 11 Month Birthday!! Hard to believe you have been with us for 11 whole months. You have changed so very much and a crazy funny personality has emerged. I can see how you think things through and go into deep thought about how to accomplish new goals. Just looking at you and seeing how you have grown into your own person is amazing. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't somehow love you more than the day before. No matter what happens in your life, I will always be here for you.


I was going to try to make this into a funny post but it just doesn't seem like appropriate timing. I love going into your room while you are sleeping and just touch your little hand or feel your fuzzy hair. I stand there listening to you breath. Yes, I have taken over a thousand pictures of you because I never want to forget any of this. My life has changed. You have changed me. I thought I was happy before I had you but now I know there is so much I was lacking. Thank you, baby girl, for showing me what life is really about.
Life is about looking in the mirror and smiling even though your belly hangs over your diaper just a little bit:

Life is about having the cheesiest smile in the world:









Life is about figuring out how to turn the shower on and feeling the rain drops on your head:












And Life is about closing your eyes, knowing you are safe and letting the water wash away all worries:

4 comments:

susan said...

Happy Birthday, Caity-did! We can't wait to get back home and share this 11th month with you!!!

Val, what a beautiful reminder of what's really important... those "gentle" moments can be so easy to overlook!

Lora said...

Happy Birthday little woman! Those pictures are priceless.

Angela said...

Happy Birthday, Cait!

Kristen said...

Great bath pictures and comments...brought tears to my eyes. Cait was brought into your life for a reason for sure!